Thank You!! Thank You!!..(takes a bow) for the wonderful nominations! Here are the questions from Merel and Meredith’s are to follow. Enjoy!
Here are the rules for those who are nominated and want to participate in the Liebster award process:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
- Share 11 things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees by posting your nomination on their blog.
Merel’s Questions for me:
1. What makes you happy?
My family. they are my life. My husband can make me smile and feel loved any time of day. My children and grandchildren. No matter how naughty any of them are they can still make me smile.
2. What is worth waking you up for – in the middle of the night?
Anything important. That could mean most anything. If someone is going to take the time to wake me up then it must be important. I will wake up but be prepared to get a “REALLY!! At this time of the night!” Then I would sigh and say “Okay, What’s up?” Now if I smell smoke or the house is coming down around me I think it would be a rather rapid sequence of events.
3. What’s your favorite place?
My home. If not at home, somewhere outside.
4. If you could do anything, what would you do?
I would want to be an actress/author/writer/humanitarian/philanthropist rolled into one.
5. Do you have tattoos? Want (more of) them?
Yes I have a Trinity Knot of Ivy vines and leaves in the area between my shoulder blades. I am thinking of getting a tree of life of my back somewhere.
6. Who is your favorite person?
7. What would you want to be in a next life?
Someone who can make a difference for good in people’s lives. There are times I feel I have been so limited in this lifetime by physical, mental and emotional issues. I would like to be able to function without any of that and still have the drive that I have in this life to make a difference.
8. How many languages do you speak?
9. Sneakers, flipflops, pumps (for the guys, the men’s equivalent of pumps: dress shoes)?
Sneakers, then flip flops or Sandals.
10. Are you happy?
I am working hard at it. At this moment I am. I am working at stretching these “moments” into hours, then days, then weeks until I can get to a whole year of being happy.
11. What makes you tick? I mean, what makes you do what you do, be who you are, what makes you you?
I am not sure how to answer this question. Currently what makes me tick is the drive to be “better”, to be happier. To make a difference in this world that may not make me famous, but it will help others reach understanding, and feel that they are not alone in this world.
1. What is your dream job and why?
Being an Actress. I have always wanted to do acting or performing. I was told as a child that I was too dramatic and emotional. A teacher that worked for a theater in town wanted to help get a scholarship to an acting school. But, my mother said no. Frankly I think it was a combination of jealousy and she didn’t want to lose her live in babysitter. An Actress gets to play other people and portray the emotions of written words. They get to connect with people in intimate and deep ways in the portrayal of their characters.
2. What was your favorite author when you were in school?
Edgar Allan Poe. Without a doubt his Annabell Lee was my favorite all time poem.
3. Has life ever taken you in a different direction than you planned and what were the results?
Yes. I thought I would be working in medicine as a clinic manager and may have even gone to Physician’s Assistant School. But, my health issues have kept me from that path. The result is now I am trying to find new paths for myself and am developing my writing and other skills and education that will help me in working with Nonprofit organizations.
4. You are on deserted on a desert island. What 3 things would you want?
An MP3 player that works on a solar battery. A Glass bottle. A hatchet. I can create shelter from trees and palms. I can eat coconuts and can make a spear or trap with the hatchet. The glass bottle can hold water and I can use the glass to magnify light to start a fire.
5. Are you a foodie, or do you eat to live? Tell us your favorite meal.
A foodie. For sure. Olive Garden’s Steak Gorgonzola with Tiramisu for dessert.
6. Are you an up-and-at-’em kind of person, or do you burn the midnight oil?
I am definitely a drag myself out of bed. Slap myself around to wake up and drag myself around for half the morning. I have always been a burn the midnight oil kind of person. Especially with studying for school.
7. Do you believe little white lies are ok? In what circumstances?
In general I say no. But, then I thought there are times when a little white lie helps more than hurts. When I was working in healthcare there was a patient who we knew was dying. The family did not want them to know that there was nothing else to be done. So, while taking care of the patient they asked me if they were dying. I sat by them and held their hand and talked with them for a bit and said “No, not today.” I wasn’t sure that wasn’t a lie. But, they seemed calmer. I think they already knew, but they appreciated the little white lie. They passed in their sleep later that night. Times like those are when I think it is okay.
8. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Why?
If I could tolerate the cold, it would be Alaska. The wilderness, the beauty of the area. If I knew I could do it I would live out in the woods, closer to nature and learning how to survive without all the “extras” of civilized life. But, I know at this time in my life it would only make my physical issues worse.
9. What is the riskiest thing you’ve ever done?
Free Climbed Cliffs.
10. What talent would you like to have?
I can sing, but I would really like to be able to really sing. Like Sara Brightman or Adele type of singing. Both of those singers have vastly different vocal styles, but each one can evoke such emotion in me when they sing.
11. Are you an urbanite, suburbanite, country gentry?
Country. I prefer living out in the country or in small towns and villages than to living in a city or large town for sure.
My eleven questions:
1. If you could go into the past or future which would you choose, why?
2. If you could go back into the past or the future when would you go, why?
3. What is your favorite piece of clothing and why?
4. What is your favorite book and why?
5. What is your favorite movie and why?
6. What is your least favorite household chore?
7. If you could change jobs, what job would you want instead?
8. What would be your dream car?
9. What is the one charity you would give all your money to?
10. What is the one thing you want to do with your life?
11. What makes you happy?
These are my nominees:
I know this isn’t 11 blogs, but will look for more to nominate later. I also wanted people to be sure they look for widgets letting people know their blog is an “Award free zone” essentially. I missed a couple. I think this is a good exercise though and really gets people to look for and meet new people and new ideas.