I want to thank the wonderful people who have nominated me for the Leibster Award. This means so much to me. It has helped me to realize that people not only read my Blog, but like what they are reading and find it truly worthwhile. It is a great motivator to keep going. I am sorry that I have not kept up with each and every nomination. I am currently going to school for another Graduate Certificate to see if that helps open up my marketability for a job. I have gotten pretty far behind because I have found I like writing and blogging so much more than learning the information in my classes. Even though I find Program Management very interesting. I have to realize I have responsibilities to my family though, like cooking, cleaning and other mundane but important parts of running a household. And I not just need to catch up on my classes I have to.
Therefore I am going to combine all my nominations and responses on one page. I do hope each every one of you that nominated me understands how much it has meant to me.
My Nominators are:
Athena of Athens: http://athenaswickedowl.wordpress.com
Nicole Davis: http://triumphantwings.wordpress.com
Annabel: http://annabelmcquade.wordpress.com/author/annabelmcquade (She was the first one to ever nominate me!)
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers.
The rules of the competition are as follows:
- The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
- Provide 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
Wow that means I have to have 55 questions and find 55 more people. I think I can just post the 11 facts about myself for each one think I can do that. Phew!! (Swipes forehead with hand..Ready…Set…Go!!!)
The 11 facts about myself:
I could not live without my family.
My name means Music in Spanish, Dance in French and Breeze in Hindu. It can be spelled Pavan, Pavone or Pavane. It was also a special piece of music written for royal funerals. So, I was a breezy, musical, dance number for a funeral.
I retired from the Navy after 20 years.
I was a Cardiovascular Technologist and Respiratory Therapist.
I won third place in a female bodybuilding contest in West Virginia in 1982.
I love the outdoors.
I am a Christian with Wiccan leanings. (If you want to know how that is possible, I’ll tell you later)
I would love to go tour Ireland, Scotland and England.
I love science fiction and fantasy stories.
I love mysteries and a good thriller.
I love the Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit series and most any kind of Sci-Fi/Fantasy movie.
I will list the questions asked by my nominator under their name.
- What keeps you going?
My family. And the faith that I am here for a purpose.
2. What’s your biggest vice?
Shopping. I have to be very careful with money. I tend to spend it without thinking.
3. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry or keepsake?
My Wedding and Engagement Ring. My Wedding ring is my favorite though.
4. Biggest adventure you dream of or have been to?
I dream of going to the British Isles. I actually have distant relatives there and know my clan. The Irvin Clan. My husband’s are the McAlpines.
5. Humans or aliens?
Depends on what your asking. I would side with the Humans in a conflict-depending on what the Alien’s intentions are of course. But, knowing humans like I do, we probably started it.
6. What burns your blood?
Intolerance and injustice. Unfairness. Humanity’s inhumanity to man and our world. Christians who spout hateful, violent, intolerant and uncompassionate words in the same sentence of “I am a Christian.”
7. If you could have a holiday named after you, what would it be?
Nonviolence is mandatory day!
8. Err…who was Liebster? And why 11?
LOL…I have no idea and I will have to look that up.
9. Pancakes or waffles?
Pancakes. Especially the Oakwood Cafe’s Sweet Potato Pancakes. They are to die for.
10. What’s your favorite cartoon bad guy?
Brain from Pinky and the Brain.
11. What do you think of my blog?
I find your blog creative and we think along the same lines on so many topics. Your writing style and the topics you discuss help me to smile and appreciate that there is someone else out there that appreciates the same things in life.
1. What is the most beautiful thing in the world to you?
When my grandchildren smile and are happy.
2. What type of music can make you get up, singing and/or dancing, almost every time?
Celtic music. I love Anuna and Riverdance is my favorite CD.
3. What is your favorite song/music of all time and why is it important to you?
This is a hard one because I love so many types of music. I don’t think there is a genre of music I have not listened to and found something to like. Even heavy metal-the operatic kind more than the other straight heavy metal. There is one song that I tend to listen to quite a bit. As far as a singular song I am not sure. I have had so many In my life that has touched my heart, soul and just brought out emotions in me. I will think on this though. I am sure there is a favorite above all favorites in my head.
4. What is the one thing you love most about yourself, the thing that people would say is “just so you”?
That I keep trying no matter what. That I have a drive to keep going.
5. If all of your responsibilities were taken care of (food, finances, health, emotional, etc.), how would you spend your free time?
Helping others. I would like to help create sustainable cities and find ways to help humanity and our Earth live together. But, one thing that has been on my mind and in my heart lately is building a home/school for children in the foster system where they can truly be taken care of and loved. Where they can learn they are of value to themselves and others.
6. If you could change one thing about people as a whole, what would it be?
That they wouldn’t care about money anymore and only care about helping each other to “be”.
7. What is your favorite color and why do you believe it stands out to you?
This is an interesting question because it seems to change weekly with my moods. But, overall I like shades of yellow. Nothing too bright. It stands out to me because it is a color of joy.
8. If you could go anywhere and do anything, what is the first thing you choose to do?
I would go tour England, Scotland and Ireland.
9. Would you prefer to explore the mysteries of the ocean or the mysteries of outer space?
The mysteries of outer space. The ocean is fascinating, but I have a real fear of drowning. Not that explosive decompression in space would be any better.
10. What is your idea of the perfect date? (No detail is too small on this one)
Good Food, good conversation and lots of cuddling.
11. What does falling in love feel like to you?
Like deep breathing warm air. (That is what comes to mind right away)
Athena of Athens:
1. Why do you blog?
I blog to express myself. To find a creative outlet. I blog so that I can gain insight from others and also hopefully give some insight and encouragement to others.
2. What’s the most traumatic thing in your life that’s happened?
I was raped when I was 15. It wasn’t my first, but it is the one I remember the most because of the level of betrayal. My mother put me in the situation and she knew that it could happen. She left me and it happened.
3. How do you deal with a$$holes?
Depends on the a$$hole. There are those that I will try to talk to and try to understand what is going on with them. Other one’s I will ignore them. Saying nothing, smiling, turning your back and walking away can better than a slap in the face for some of them.
4. Do you believe in an afterlife?
Yes. I know there is an afterlife. I have seen people’s “souls” leave their body as they died. My father visited me for a few days after he passed. I knew it was him without a doubt. Death is just a transition.
5. What is your favorite thing to do, besides blogging
I love to watch movies